Nash Classic Cars: Metropolitan Convertible & Ambassador
Nash Classic Cars came after the vintage era and they started long before the company began. Nash Company is an automobile manufacturer which is located in Kenosha, Wisconsin in United States which was found in the year 1916. Since then company has been the automobile division of Nash-Kelvinator Corporation. The production of Nash automobile started in the year 1954 after the formation of AMC (American Motors Corporation). The company was found by the president of General Motors Corporation, Charles Nash in 1916, who acquired Thomas B. Jeffery Company, best known for producing successful vehicles like Rambler. The Nash 671 model was manufactured and launched by Nash Company in the year 1917. Nash began as a new company, Lafayette, Indianapolis, marketing an expensive luxury vehicle, the company failed, but Nash bought Ajax line of vehicles in 1924 by producing four-door touring car and sedan.
There are lots of Nash Classic Cars such as Carriole which was a four-cylinder sedan model available for the price of $1350. In 1928, company launched a six-cylinder model called 400 Series with four-engine mounts and seven bearings. The new engine was equipped with dual spark plugs per cylinder for improving combustion efficiency, increasing power and improving fuel mileage. In 1938, Nash along with Graham and Studebaker started selling vacuum controlled shifting by Evans Products Company. It also got involved in selling heating/air-conditioning systems by using this technology; company launched the first model heater powered car. In the year 1939, Nash launched some models with unibody construction, sealed beam lights and independent coil springs.
Nash Metropolitan Convertible basically conforms two different classes of vehicles such as subcompact cars and economy car. The Metropolitan model was manufactured and sold as Hudson when Hudson and Nash Company merged in the year 1954 to form American Motors Corporation.
The two models of Nash Metropolitan Convertible called hardtop and convertible were equipped with OHV 1.2 liter straight-4 Austin ‘A40′ series engine with two-wheel drive system that power to the rear wheels through a three-speed manual transmission.
Nash Ambassador was manufactured and introduced in the year 1956 and was available in four-door guise and hardtop versions. The Series 80 model was equipped with Packard V8 engine mated with Packard’s Ultimate transmission.
Most of the upgrades found in Nash Ambassador were rear and front fenders, taillight treatments, grille and hood. On the side of the vehicles were Z-shaped outline moldings and chrome side swipe.